Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I had planted a bright orange hibiscus some time ago. It thrived under my loving care and kept presenting me with lots of beautiful blooms.. It gave me a lot of joy.. Yesterday I was pained to see its branches all strewn around and broken.. Perhaps it was uprooted.. I ought to have gone and seen if I could maybe replant it, but I had not the heart to even look at it... It hurt... I know it is only a plant. I know I can always plant some more... yet it hurt..

And it set me thinking... aren't we like that plant? God plants us so lovingly, cares for us so tenderly, prunes us, nourishes us, protects us, showers us with his blessings and mercy.. Yet some marauder comes and tries to destroy us.. leaves us broken and bleeding.. and we think.. Why God? Why me? What did I do? Why did you let this happen to me? We hurt so much that it never occurs to us that our suffering is either because of our own mistakes or because of Evil. It is so easy to let go and remain broken.. .. Yet, it is upto us.. to learn the lesson being taught.. to hold on hard and fast with all our might, to believe, to have faith, to grab the steadying ground with our roots and grow back even grow stronger....

We often give up without making an effort, we think, how can my efforts help the suffering and pain in the world? True, a single star cannot dispel darkness for everyone.. but if it gives light to even one soul.. its purpose is fulfilled.... Let us take our light from Our Sun.. Our Father.. and shine on the best we can.. We may never even know the lives we touch and bless..

5 comments:

Echoes said...

:) thankyou dear fren for the wonderful poem :) .. I think your 'Comment' is much more lucid than the 'Post'

Amit said...

Before I could comment on the post, I felt the comment by L need be posted too....

And V, that's a beautiful analogy. Over time I have learnt to accept some of the destruction acts, like I accept a lion killing a deer in the African savanna, because I have been taught to explain that as a part of the food chain activity.

When I am hurt(only some of them!), I accept it as a part of my learning process, but there are those which one can not, like you can not explain 9/11 or 26/11.

Jyotsna said...

This is lovely,your thoughts penned here..i learnt its always better to ask "why not me' rather than 'why me'?immedietly one feels at peace with the struggle
Thanks for dropping by my blog
:)

venuss66 said...

Beautiful write you have here. Thank you for sharing.

Suresh Kumar said...

Learning the lessons from the nature. Nature is the greatest teacher..

Superb write up....